Friday, March 13, 2009

interview

By Christina Miner
For my interview, I contacted Kindall Laskey. She is somebody that I look up to because she is very young, and was able to find a job in event planning, which is something that greatly interests me, quickly after graduating college. Kindall is currently the Special Events Coordinator for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation in Oklahoma City. She recently graduated from that other school in Oklahoma, Oklahoma State University. Kindall's degree is a Bachelor of Arts with a focus in Journalism and Communications. Kindall has only been in the Public Relations industry for two years. Her job consists of planning the annual events of JDRF, such as the Walk to Cure Diabetes, the Ride to Cure Diabetes, and the Black and White Ball. Even though there are only three major events for JDRF each year there are numerous details that Kindall oversees. She is responsible for contacting volunteers, working with the Board of Directors, contacting donors, writing proposals and making presentations to families with children affected by diabetes. Kindall told me that she believes that to be successful in PR a person needs to have good communication skills, be able to think on their feet, and be able to build relationships easily. She said that, "relationships are key to a successful company and career." I interviewed Kindall because I interned for her in the fast so I was already familiar with her day to day work load and knew that her job is one that I would be interested in doing. Even though Kindall's job is a lot of work, that involves working with numerous different people, all the work she does goes to a good cause, finding a cure for diabetes.

No comments: