Monday, April 7, 2008

The Undecided

The Undecided
By Sheila Frazier

Graduation is a mere 4 weeks away, and when someone asks, "what are you going to do next?" I have no answer. The logical choice would be to go into PR, since I am getting a degree in it, but the more PR classes I take, the more I dislike it.

Originally, I wanted to become a meteorlogist. After one semester of college, I realized my problems with math were going to plague me and my chances of achieving that goal. I was advised to try something else, and I went to PR. I am not bad at it, I just do not like it. Maybe it will be different in the real world, but I want to keep my options open as much as possible.

After graduation, I will have to remain in the Oklahoma City metro area due to the fact that my husband is in the Air Force and is permanently stationed at Tinker Air Force Base. He still has 3 years to go (because he signed up for 6). Unfortunately, at the time of my graduation, he will be deployed to Ecuador. Once he is done with his service, we are planning to move back to southern California (where he is from). Until the move, I plan to use my time by finding different jobs and new options. Hopefully by the time we move, I will know what I want to do, and California will host more options for me.

No comments: