Friday, November 13, 2009

ANGEL LOVE




By: Alison Lambert
Today, I was surfing the blogosphere and checking out current trends for an interesting topic to write on. As I was perusing the many fashion sites I have saved under my top favorites, I thought about fashion PR and its emerging trends and landed upon my topic. Alltop is a website where you can go to find the most current PR blogs on any topics. From Alltop, I went into a fashion site called PR Couture. It has information from fashion PR and online trends to finding the right fashion agency for you.
The one guest article that caught my eye was Show Me The Pretty, which highlights the indie fashion PR component to top fashion PR. Each PR Couture blog features an interview with a successful indie fashion artist. The industry expert provides advice and feedback about their own fashion PR strategy. This week featured an interview with Angel D’Amico. Angel is a freelance artist designer and illustrator from Chicago who has a unique sense of style and a wide range of skills. She is talented in just about anything including: drawing, painting, digital art, graphic design, playing and composing music, and hand screen printing onto shirts, bags, and scarves. She also created her own magazine, Entire Truestar Magazine, an urban magazine dedicated to keeping teenagers off the streets with an after school program that gives them real life experience in working for a magazine. She has an online store as well called ADLOVE for fans to buy her apparels and designs. Some of the artist’s clients include: Burger King, Timberland, YRB magazine, PEEL magazine, Los Angeles Journal, Lollapalooza, and Dance for Peace. D’Amico’s background is in design and illustration, but she ventured into apparel because she loves learning and experimenting with new techniques. The designer also mentioned in the interview that fashion has always been a love of hers. When asked what inspires her to create, D’Amico said, “Every day life. It is something inside of me that I can’t get away from, If I don’t create something for a few days, I feel like I am missing something.” To stay connected with Angel, follow her on her blog and see what inspires her daily.

No comments: