Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I am T-mobile, Count on me!


I am T-mobile, Count on me!

By: Shayla Boone

I have worked at T-mobile for the last 2 years.  I was drawn to T-mobile because that was who my cell phone provider was and I was always happy with their customer service.  I began working for them in January 2008 and haven’t regretted a day of it.  My daily task consist of taking bill payments, fixing technical issues with cell phones, selling products, activating new lines of service for customers, and last but not least providing outstanding customer service.

 Being a Customer Service Representative has taught me a lot about interactions with people.  What I have come to realize in my line of work is that people depend on me to help keep them stay connected to the people that matter most.  My job is very important because whether it be someone needing to stay in contact with a sick family member, a businesswoman waiting on an important deal to go through, or a mom explaining how to make hamburger helper to her daughter, if that connection can not be made it is my job to find out why. 

One thing that I can say that my company takes pride in is Customer Service; T-mobile has been a recipient of the J.D. power and associates award in 2008 for Wireless Retail Sales Satisfaction Performance and in 2009 for Wireless Customer Care.  In my perspective I believe that we are successful as a company because we believe in treating our customers concerns as our own.  We view each customer as an addition to our T-mobile family not as a source of revenue as some companies do; and that personal connection sets us apart.

Tips that I find useful in providing Outstanding Customer Service:

Don’t take things personally:  Remember that the Customer is not angry with you, they are simply angry at the situation.

Do take ownership of the problem and show empathy: Acknowledge the problem and find a solution, do not make the customer feel it is their fault.

Always smile:  A smile can go along way! Always give service with a smile you never know how a simple smile can affect someone’s day.

 

Photo courtesy of my personal files.

No comments: