Friday, May 2, 2008

Living the Dream


Living the Dream
By Tabitha Brown
May 1, 2008


My ultimate dream job is in brand development and management. Over the past four years I have had the opportunity to work in several capacities where the main goal and focus of whatever project it may be was to be giving back to the community. In all companies and corporations the community’s view of that organization is very important. One way to improve the view is to increase or know how to acknowledge the community service members of the company as well as the company participates in.

In my college career I have also been able to work for the Oklahoma RedHawks and OU’s athletics department. I have always had a passion for sports and working in them. The internships I obtained and participated in validated that passion. In these I was taught how to combine brand development and management with athletics, thus creating the perfect field for me.

My dream job is to be the Director of Brand Development and Management of either a professional sports team or a major university. In this position I would oversee the licensing division, community relations division and the marketing division. Because this is a dream job, I acknowledge it is not a position I would obtain directly out of college. To become closer to my goal, I would like to begin my career by working for either IMG or CLC. Both of these companies would place me in a position to gain the necessary skills and experience I need to move to the next step.

A large portion of public relations is developing the brand and view of a company. It would be ideal to use the skills I learned in the Gaylord College of Journalism and Mass Communication to further the brands of any company for which I become a part.

No comments: