Monday, April 28, 2008

Oh The Places You'll Go...

Oh the places you’ll go…
By Sally Swafford

I think it’s safe to say that the last semester of my college career has been anything but calm. I’ve not only had 15 hours of school, but I’ve been planning a wedding and have participated in Sooner Scandals. But don’t feel sorry for me because it’s been an absolute blast!

As for what the future holds, I have no clue. I am graduating in May with six hours remaining. I am taking advantage of a class offered by Gaylord to travel to London for three weeks. What a way to go out, right?

Post London, I will stay in Norman to work for an oil company and save money for my future marital status. I am moving to Austin, Texas in August and will find a job there (any job there) doing God knows what.

My dream job in the public relations field is to work in the Arts. There is a particular children’s art museum in Austin, which would suit my passions best. Not only would I be working in the field of journalism but also I would be around children, whom I love.

If I don’t get a job in the Arts while in Texas, I may look for a job at an art museum when my future husband and I come back to the Oklahoma City area in two years. In particular, I would love to be the media liaison at an art museum. Working with the different mediums of journalism would be very fun for me.

Also, anything with event planning would be good for me as well. After planning my own wedding, it seems interesting and exciting to plan someone else’s. I would love to surround myself with creative people.

To my classmates: Good luck in all your endeavors and hopefully after graduation we will see each other again!

No comments: