Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sporting PR

Sporting PR

   If I could have any job in the world it would be to work for a professional sports team.  I would love to do either Public Relations, Sponsorship or Marketing for a team.  I worked in the Sponsorship department for The Texas Rangers Baseball Club as an intern in the summer of 2007.  It was the most amazing experience.  I knew that I would love it and enjoy my summer but I had no idea how much I would love it.  The experience was overwhelmingly amazing.  After finishing up my final week in the office I knew that I wanted to return to that job someday in my future.  I think that people do not realize how hard it can be to work in sports.  It is hard to keep up an image of a team when they may not be having a winning year, and that is a task you have to be ready for.  (Promoting a Team)


    Although as I start applying for jobs I realize it will take a lot to become a PR practitioner for a major sports team.  It will take a lot of learning from more internships and any experience I can learn from to add to my history and resume.  Most of the requirements for most of the positions I have looked at require at least 3-5 years of experience.  I know it will take hard work and determination to obtain my goal, but I know that I can make it happen if I just do not give up.  If for some reason I can't work for a specific team there are even agencies that will work for teams to promote their product, their team and game.  However, I plan to stay strong on getting to where I want to end up, work for a professional sports franchise.  

No comments: